Nathan Hale School Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Arrival and Dismissal procedures have been established to provide a safe environment before and after school. While we always try to accommodate parents who transport children, we must keep safety for all Nathan Hale children a priority. With this in mind we urge parents to cooperate with our established routines.
- STUDENTS SHOULD NOT ARRIVE EARLIER THAN 8:45. There is no adult supervision in the building before the 8:45 bell. Parents should make arrangements so children do not arrive prior to 8:45.
- At the 8:45 bell, Universal Breakfast begins. Kindergarten and First grade students proceed directly to their classrooms. Second and Third grade students proceed to the cafeteria to pick up their breakfast and then report directly to their classrooms. Fourth and Fifth grade students pick up their breakfast at the cart in the main hallway and then report directly to their classrooms.
- Students arriving after 8:55 a.m. are tardy and must report to the office.
- Parents are requested to call the school daily when a student will be absent (203-237-7486).
Baldwin Walkers: Enter Baldwin Doors from sidewalk.
Atkins Walkers: Walk around parking lot on the sidewalk.
- Do not cross road or driveway at any point.
- Enter plaza doors.
Bus Students: Will enter the school at the bus entrance near the office.
Parent/Visitor: Parent/Visitor traffic will be limited to the visitor parking lot (on the LEFT as you come down Atkins St. Ext.).
Student Drop Off: Students must be dropped off at the PLAZA SIDEWALK or the BALDWIN SIDEWALK at unpainted curbs.
- In special situations where a student must leave school before the 3:20 bell, parents must come to the office to sign the student out. The office staff will call the teacher to dismiss the student.
- Bus students must take the bus unless the teacher has a note from a parent.
- Parents, friends, big brothers and sisters are asked not to come to school earlier than 3:15 p.m. and to wait outside the entrance the child usually exits and pick them up as they exit.
- All upper level Atkins walkers will exit directly to the plaza through the double doors opposite room 205.
- All upper level Baldwin walkers will exit directly to the primary playground through the south playground doors.
- All lower level Atkins walkers will exit directly to the intermediate playground through the north playground doors.
- All lower Baldwin walkers will exit directly to the primary playground through the south playground doors.
- All kindergarten walkers will be dismissed to parents or designated adults from the back doors of their classrooms.
PARENT PICK UP
- Parents picking up students may pick students up at the designated areas.
- Children will not be permitted to cross unless accompanied by an adult. Always use the crosswalk.
- Please do not call or wave your children across the driveway or stop in the driveway and call or wave children to your car. Your child's life is worth five minutes of inconvenience.
- Parking is permitted only in the parking lot and along the unmarked sidewalk curbs.
- Parking IS NOT permitted along the yellow marked curbs. Please respect our parking rules, cones, and signs. Child safety is paramount.